Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Pics Around the Place ('09)

I've told myself not to spend a plethora of time on this post since the pics below came out ... less than great. We are getting a new camera next month since that is when the new models come out. And since our digital camera is ...ohh..??... 5-7 years old, we can wait another month. I have high hopes for a new camera for better close ups and shorter shutter lag time... BUT, that is not what this post is about...

In no particular order, here are some shots of the trees right around the house. I took these pics last week and, boy, since then they have changed a lot.

Buds on a Sycamore...
Below, is a big Water Oak we had put in last November. A big tree-spade truck brought the tree.
Water Oak leaf...
Red Oak leaves coming out...
A Saucer Magnolia we put in 2 weeks ago...
Close up of Saucer Magnolia blooms...
New Sweet Gum leaves...
Baby apples on our 5 in 1 Apple tree...
Another pic of the Saucer Magnolia...
Spring is my favorite time of year. All the blooms and everything so green with great temps make it spectacular here in SE Texas.

3 comments:

Robynn's Ravings said...

Just beautiful and I actually smiled like an indulgent mother at the "baby" apples. I think I have to much prolactin or something. That hormone that makes you mother EVERYthing. And the Saucer Magnolias are my favorites. I love their leaves, too. I'm a gonna get me one a them one a these days.

Libby's Library said...

Hey BZ come on over to my place....
You won!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Listening to "Dream a Little Dream of Me" in my headphones.......Have I told you lately I love you?!