Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mondo Mare

I posted the other day how "Foal Patrol" has begun... that is, we are waiting for one to hit the ground any time. Thought I'd catch a 'before' shot- thought of it on the spur, while out feeding. Hence, the graininess of the pics as I used better half's cell phone.

Here's "Tatonka"- not her real name, but nickname from Dances with Wolves... because when she is big pregnant, soon to drop pregnant, miserably Mondo pregnant, she's as big as a buffalo.

Poor thing's got to be miserable.

2 comments:

Libby's Library said...

I think that it's amazing that those little babies can get up on their skinny little legs, and then wobble around - so soon after birth. I can't wait to see him/her!

I'm feeling for that horse right about now. Been there and done that, ya know?

Robynn's Ravings said...

Uhhhh.....I recognize that look. When I delivered my son at 37 weeks, I measured 44. I had WAAAYYYYYY too much amniotic fluid. TWM was in an Olympic pool in there! I should post the picture sometime. My "groin-a-cologist" (think Archie Bunker) said it was the biggest single birth he ever delivered. I have the stretched out stomach to prove it!! Tell her I FEEEEELLLLL her pain!