Sunday, March 8, 2009

Aaacckk! ...the Time Changed!

I swear (I know, I shouldn't)... but, the government goes and changes the time on us. Can't they just LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE?!? I guess I should already know the answer to that... thank you very much paternalistic government.

You know, when you go changing my schedule, it messes everything up. Can't we (here in Texas) just do like Arizona and Hawaii and leave the time as is?!? PLENTY of research already has shown that doing this daylight and standard time change thing does NOT save electricity/fuel (interesting info here: http://www.standardtime.com/).

Perhaps I feel particularly 'ranti-ous' on this subject because we have a toddler and a toddler likes a schedule like I like the toddler to stay on it... otherwise my sleep gets all whackerooed.

**deeeep breathing**

Okay, I'm done. I feel better now.... I think.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DOUBLE DOG DITTO !!!

Tatersmama said...

Hhhmmmpppfff. They say it takes FIVE days to get used to the time change? In my case, it takes me weeks to get used to it and I'm a walking disaster for at least a month after the change.
I HATE it!
And my daycare kids??? Have you ever seen a toddler who's sleep has been disrupted by DST????
(well, Miz Bz, I know YOU have -and it isn't a pretty sight, is it?)

Libby's Library said...

I don't mind the change in the fall, but hate this spring forward stuff. I think that we should get an extra hour each month!
That clock is a riot!!!

Anonymous said...

My Border Collie was "whackerooed" this morning as I got out of bed at 4:45 a.m. (yesterdays time). She is worse then any kid about about being on a schedule.NOW I must face my 94 year old Mother Monday morning at the Nursing Home. She will be in Crisis Mode !!!! Mr.D

Robynn's Ravings said...

Concur concur concur concur whackerood!!! Indeed.