Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Foal Patrol has Started

...actually, it's been going on for the better part of a week now.

Got a broodmare due and sheeee's allusive. Couldn't even catch her foaling when we kept her in a foaling stall every night with a wireless video camera feeding back to the computer in our house.

OMGoooosh, the sleep I lost watching that camera all minutes of the night~ only to have her foal out when I went in the house the next day for 30 minutes or so. Late morning, I had put her out in a smaller pasture while I cleaned her stall. Checked on her before I went to the house to get something to eat/drink, bathroom, check messages... she was calm, cool, no sign of anything when I left... and was just grazing along the whole time I cleaned the stall (I could see her from the barn). Came back out and Whallah(!)... we had a long-legged wobbly one.

Sooo, what will be, will be ...or should I say, WHEN will be, will be. For that matter, "What" (it) will be, will be -too.

2 comments:

Libby's Library said...

Make sure to post a photo of the newborn when he/she arrives!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Yay!!! Congrats! OH new foals are SO adorable and frisky. What a fun time for your Little Someone. Maybe we could get a picture. I'd love to see it.