Friday, March 6, 2009

Little Someone Update ~ 2 1/2 years old

I started this site as a way to keep family and friends updated... mostly with regards to our Little Someone... as a way to 'keep in touch' -since everyone is busy living their lives. It has evolved though and has leaned this way and that and now is more for our Little Someone. Who knows, maybe one day she will read her momma's words and... perhaps... someday they may serve her.
It is is also a way to share/post video without glutting unsuspecting family or friend's email boxes.

ANYway, here's our Little Someone. I don't think I'm being biased when I say she is one Cutie of a Sweetie.

We've just started using barrettes to keep her hair out of her face. She's never really cared for pony tails.

In the evening, before bedtime, she likes to get a pony ride from her daddy. But before the ride, she climbs on with a book in hand as daddy's back poses a good place on which to read.
The hat is compliments of her own doing.

Her 'horse' here is apply named "Stickers".
Hey, you do what you can whenever your on a business phone call and have a toddler in your care... and doling out stickers, one by one, has made many a call easier.

In this pic below, she just doesn't look 2 1/2 yrs old to me. She's so tall. I'm only 5' 2"+ [I have tall(er) genes, they just don't show], but daddy is 6' 4".

Two things:
  1. Did you know that yogurt can be eaten through a straw?
  2. Yogurt is, evidently, fun to smear on your face and hands.

I walked around from putting some dishes in the sink to find this lovely application of yogurt in progress. This is why bath-time is after dinner.

And so proud of her work!

Yes, food stuck to her face and all, we still think she's cute (but, of course, it's our job!).

You can't say, "That dog won't hunt." Smudge puppy knows exactly where the vittles are.

Long and lean like her daddy.

She loves picking flowers. We bring them in and put them in this little small, dainty wine looking glass -using it as a tiny vase of sorts.

Caught dancing below. She loves music and starts be-bopping at the first sound of it.


This video below was taken on Christmas day. Our Little Someone got Play-Dough and this is her first time to play with it.
A few necessary video notes;
  • Oh, how Someone's language skills have grown by leaps and bounds just in the last 2 months -something I noticed when I went back and watched this.
  • It was Christmas Day (08) when this video was taken. Hence the grungy, no make-up look.
  • I do not have nice manicured long nails. I love the outdoors (and getting in dirt) and I work with horses. Plus, I inseminate mares (that means up to the elbow in a mare)... and I don't think they would appreciate long nails when I'm hunting for their cervix to make a deposit.
  • At about 1:10 into the video, I wave my hand... it's because our pup, Smudge, burped in my face.
  • Lastly, I'm not your typical big dangly earring type of person. Those are Santa earrings I have on for Christmas.
Okay... I feel a little better now.
Oh(!).. don't forget to first go to the right side and turn off/pause the Playlist music so you can hear the video.

9 comments:

Tatersmama said...

Oh My Gosh ! She is simply gorgeous! You would think I was old enough to not go all melty with little girls, but I just can't help it...:-) It's no wonder you're so proud!

But Smudge? I would be smacking that bad boys arse for burpin' in your face....LMAO!
Just consider yourself lucky... my Great Dane used to ermmmm... "bottom burp" ALL the time!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Okay....was that planned? Merle Haggard was singing "Baby, You are My Favority Mem'ry of All." Just got me *right here* - tissue, please. Your taste in music amazes me. I find VERY VERY few people with tast as eclectic as my own or with a knowledge base of so many obscure songs. Do you play guitar? Reminds me of the jamming times with guitar buddies.

Okay. Now I have to go and watch "Little Someone!"

Robynn's Ravings said...

OOOHHHH! She's just DARLING!! MORE MORE!! That is the sweetest little voice and daddy sounds so indulgent and gentle. You can tell "Little Someone" is WELLLLL loved!

And your line about inseminating the mares.....okay girl, you had me on the floor.

Homestay Mama said...

Just read your comment over at Tatersmama's post today and learned why hers and my pics won't enlarge when we click on them! So, just wanted to thank you for speaking up and letting us know why. I'm going back to re-do my post!

Also, your daughter is just the cutest.

Homestay Mama said...

Bz, I just did a quick trip through your latest posts and your readers' comments. Loved it! Especially the 'splainin' you might have to do if someone saw those purple girly things in your trashcan. LOL!

Anyhow, what I wanted to say is that I was in Houston last August for 2 weeks (being 'grandma' to one of my former homestay student's new baby). I was expecting everything in Texas to be brown in August, but there was green everywhere--and it was so pretty! I was impressed!

Kaleena said...

Thank you for praying for my girls! God Bless!
Kaleena from McNabb Land

Tatersmama said...

Miz Bz, You need to share the link for the guy with all the knowledge that I lack. ;-)
Or I can just keep pickin' YOUR brains!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for the adorable pictures and video ... I can say without ANY bias ... your little someone is absolutely, positively, assuredly, emphatically, without a doubt, the most beautiful child I have ever seen or known. Grammy

Libby's Library said...

She is a cutie patootie!

Sometimes, I think that I would have been a better mom, if I had been a little older when I had my kids -
But - hind sight is always 20/20!

And gee - you guys are party poopers - every kid needs to eat a little Play Dough now and then:)