Monday, February 16, 2009

Whoo-Hoo~ another bloggy "Award"

I got another bloggy award (remember my world is small and little things brighten it). So, thank you Robynn at Robynn's Ravings. She is a neat lady and funny one at that. She is a wife and mom of two teens that she homeschools and she loves animals to the point that she scores in my book(!). She is down-to-earth and seems to be the type that can make lemonade when given lemons. Go by and check her out-you'll get a smile!
Thanks for the Award!


So, I left a comment at Robynn's site thanking her for the award. Thought I'd share it as, well, maybe you'll get a chuckle. Actually, if you've ever had one of those days where you felt kind of ... I don't like the word 'stupid'... so I'll say, "not so quick"...save this post to read on that day. You'll feel better. Here's the comment I left for my "award-er":

My Goodness Robynn.... you are ever too kind.... really, really and truly. Isn't it funny how this Internet land connects people! Thank you so for the kind words you chose. I've been called simple before, but usually just by itself, not with the other sweet words... :-)... and I've been called honest too, but sometimes it's been said along with 'to a fault'... :-). You are so very kind. Well, since my life is made up of the Little Things, I shall post the award with zeal! Thank you.
Ohhh, speaking of being 'simple' and 'honest'... a quick story for you ...the simple part is because you'll think, "Uhh, duh!" and the honest part is... well, because... I honestly probably should not share this 'simple' moment(!)... here goes:


When I read the post of yours about you getting awards and being tardy on posting them and seeming ungrateful... you said that you are really not ungrateful and that you're 'lufetargnu'... quite the opposite of ungrateful (which is 'ungrateful spelled backwards').. well, duh(!), I get it NOW. But when I first read it, what did I do?!? I highlighted the word and went to Dictionary.com to look up the meaning! ...yes, I HONESTLY shouldn't share how SIMPLE I am sometimes! After that site AND Webster's dictionary site didn't know the word, I came back and re-read the post to discover, "Duh!".
Okay, nuff shared for today.
Thank you for the award, I need all the help I can get.
:-)

3 comments:

Robynn's Ravings said...

That's just another reason I like you so much! I would do the EXACT SAME THING. But thank you for sharing and making me feel better!!! You are TOO funny!

Tatersmama said...

Lol... well, who doesn't just love the "simple" things in life"?
*wink wink*

(and guess what? I did the spell-check thing too, so it must be that great minds think alike!!)

Libby's Library said...

Count me in too...it's so nice to be around people who think alike!!!
Congrats on the award, and thanks for your thoughts and prayers!