Monday, February 9, 2009

Where Did You Come From, Baby Dear?

You've got to click on this pic to get a better view. Quite some time ago, I scanned this page from a book I got from the library. I take our daughter once or twice a week and we load up on books. When I read this poem, I knew I had to have it ...perhaps to use somewhere ...??
I think it would be great sewn and put in a picture frame. You see though... I said, "sewn". I don't even know if you call it cross-stitching or what... am not real handy that way, though I love making things... perhaps I'll find the time to learn someday (ha). But really, maybe someday.
I remember when I first read this. My daughter was still very young... I believe she was still nursing (I nursed her until she was 14 months)...ANYway, I must have been hormonal when I read it... I got all teary-eyed, which is something I didn't do a lot before she came along. Alas, another heart softened by the love for a child.

3 comments:

Libby's Library said...

How sweet. Such chubby happy babies.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Oh THANK you for that sweet reminder of babyhood and a poem that has been dear to my heart for a long time. My grandmother penned it on something, copying it down from years ago. I always thought it was the dearest little poem. I'm glad it's part of your home. :) (((hugs)))

Robynn's Ravings said...

Don't know where Booger just went but I tried to write on the post and it was gone. Maybe you're editing. Anyway, just wanted to say I wish I could sit on your hearth and pet Booger and visit. Wouldn't that just be lovely? I miss my Kitty Baby.....