Wednesday, February 4, 2009

By the Way... Not Pg. Anymore

No, we are not watching more 'R' rated movies. "Pg." is medical shorthand for 'pregnant'. I merely write this post for any that have read my previous post (A Planned Surprise) about getting pregnant. Since I was asked last week, "How are you doing?" (with that special questioning look), I thought I'd update anyone left thinking I'm pregnant. I was, but am no longer.

On Christmas Eve day, my husband and I went in for my OB appt./ultrasound at 11 weeks/1 day. But, there was no heartbeat and the size was 7 weeks/1 day. I could tell within a second or two of the ultrasound... just didn't look right. And when the doc kept moving the transducer this way and that... I spoke first... he confirmed.

It happens. And I know that research shows, when it comes to early miscarriages, it is most often the case that there was a chromosomal abnormality. Something wasn't right. So, that's how it goes.

Part of me is/was bothered that if we do have another one, there will be that much more age difference with our daughter. Then I realized that by thinking that way, I was counting my chickens before they hatch... can't do that. Just can't. What will be, will be. I'm just happy we have our 'Little Someone'.

6 comments:

Lucas*Jennifer*Noah*Eleanor said...

I'm sorry to hear that... My husband and I went had a similar experience before Noah came along. It's never easy... you're family is in my thoughts and prayers...

Tatersmama said...

I'm sorry to hear this...
But that doesn't make it any easier, does it? *hugs*

And as far as the converting Farenheit to Celcius goes, apparently, it's 14.2 years, because Lord knows I haven't mastered it yet, so I have a year to go yet. I go from "hey, it's warm, to hey it's hot, to Holy Moley, it's really HOT"!
My brain just won't "do" the conversions, so thank goodness for conversion sites, so I know exactly how miserable I am.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Hi Bz,

I'm so sorry you went through this. I have been in your place with almost the exact time frame and four years of infertililty. So very hard. It was the pregnancy before my son (2nd child) and it happened before my daughter, too. I know you're right about what they say with chromosomes and all that but it is still so hard. If you just need an ear or want to talk, please email anytime @ robynnsravings@gmail.com.

(((hugs to you)))

teters4 said...

Even if it's "for the best" it's hard news to hear. I haven't gone through it myself, but have friends that have. Love your blog....

Libby's Library said...

I am so very sorry...my prayers are with you.

Bz said...

You all are so kind to say something. I debated on even posting about this cause it's kinda heavy... but since I had posted about being Pg... thought I had to follow-up.
I sure appreciate, from each of you, your kind words/thoughts.