Friday, February 6, 2009

A List from the Past

We own horses. In fact, I've owned one or more horses for 27 years now. For about the last 10 years, we've had a breeding business and specialize in Black Arabians. I used to show, but haven't in awhile- since before I was pregnant with our daughter (and she's 2 1/2)... so it's been a few years since I've shown (would like to show again someday).

Anyway, while on the computer, I stumbled upon a list that was in one of our horse files. It's a list for items to remember to bring, when I was showing. As I read over the list, I thought, "Gees, you needed to add your bra to the list?!? How would you forget that?!?"

... then I remembered that I just about put the milk jug in the pantry the other day. And then this morning, I set the timer to remember to check something and when the timer went off, I stood in the kitchen wondering WHAT did I set that timer for. I figured it out, but it took me about 10-15 seconds of hard consternation.

So, when I looked at the list, it was ...some relief ...kind of like that awkward feelings of being ?? glad (maybe not the right word).. when others fail the college exam along with you. You know, the more the better.. you're not alone... maybe it's the professor's poor test(!). I would guess it's better failing that way than having EVERYone score 90 and above and the only low score is you. POINT being... I had to include bra on the list in BC times -before children. So much for excusing my memory with the donation of brain cells during pregnancy!


Show Items List

Show clothes: shirt, pants, socks, shoes, bra, gloves
Night/other clothes: shirt, shorts, shoes,etc.
Blow dryer
Hair clip/scrunchy/extra scrunchy
Make-up
Video camera/tape
Camera
Mileage Log (Take beginning/ending mileage !!! )
Breezy Acres Info. Frame/papers
Feed
Hay
Hay net
Brushes
Fureson spray
Hoof pick
Hoof black
Towels
Show Glow/Show Sheen
Water bucket
Bucket hook
Feed pan
Show halter
Show whip
Lunch whip
Lunge line
Chain lead rope
Leg/tail wraps, helmet, fly mask
Cooler -Sandwiches/drinks
Velcro pieces/emergency card
Coggins/Health Certificate
Safety pins (show #)
Road trip books
Map/Directions
Show Schedule
Cowboy Magic dry shampoo
Alarm clock
Pillow

4 comments:

Libby's Library said...

Whoa - you'd need a pretty big bag to carry all that stuff in!

Tatersmama said...

I can understand having to add the bra to the list, because pre or post children, it just feels gooood to go without one. But PANTS? You had to add pants to the list???
Oh my!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU ... I feel so much better now. I had such a good laugh (at your expense perhaps!) I've 23 years on you and am living proof that having a good memory isn't what it's cracked up to be ... I'm always meeting new friends, I can hide my own Easter eggs ... and uh, ... I don't worry over a bunch of other stuff either. My mind is like a steel Whatchamacallit! Luv ya, M/Gma

Robynn's Ravings said...

After all that having a baby was a cinch! It got you all ready. And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with the memory issues. I remembered something I wanted to blog about and knew I'd never keep it in my head so told my daughter to remember too. In the next few hours we both forgot. I remembered it in bed the next night. My morning? Gone. Finally, the next time it hit me I RAN, literally, to the computer. You ain't alone dearie!