Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday's Sonnet/Poem ~because tomorrow's Mom's Day

My Mother Kept A Garden

My Mother kept a garden,
a garden of the heart,
She planted all the good things
that gave my life it's start.

She turned me to the sunshine
and encouraged me to dream,
Fostering and nurturing
the seeds of self-esteem...

And when the winds and rain came,
she protected me enough-
But not too much because she knew
I'd need to stand up strong and tough.

Her constant good example
always taught me right from wrong-
Markers for my pathway
that will last a lifetime long.

I am my Mother's garden.
I am her legacy-
And I hope today she feels the love
reflected back from me.

~Author Unknown

3 comments:

Libby's Library said...

OMGosh, this is so sweet. May you and your mother...Have a WONDERFUL MOTHERS DAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you ... this poem is so beautiful, as are you ... inside and outside. Happy Mother's Day to you, Love, Mom/Gma

Robynn's Ravings said...

A fitting tribute to the loveliest and sweetest of ladies. That poem encapsulates how you both benefitted from her hard work wisdom and gives a Biblical example of reaping what you sow. Happy Mother's Day to you both!