Friday, November 28, 2008

Hello, I'm Bz and I'm a Laundry-Room Eater

Ohhh, am I stuffed. It is the day after Thanksgiving and I had this feeling, that I thought that I would learn from, yesterday. I mean, gees, I can understand when a year passes between this feeling ...or even a month (Christmas), but the next day... I obviously didn't learn.
The thing is, when you have fabulous food sitting right under your nose and mouth... and you are hungry... it's instinct, instinct I say, to eat.

Just an example: take a gander at the photo (you can click to enlarge). It is a tin of leftovers that we got to take home from my mother-in-law's house. Look in the upper right of that tin of food, you will see a bit of potato salad. Yes, there was more, but I tried the potato salad last night... then I find myself eating it right out of the tin. The meld of flavors reminded me of how the mouse felt in the animated movie, "Ratatouille" when he first combines wonderful flavors for a whole new world of taste... well, that's what it was like for me... as I stand next to our laundry room's refrigerator... gobbling down potato salad.

Well, the present stuffed feeling comes from, I kid you not, the most scrumptious dressing any holiday has seen (and, let me tell you, I am not superfluous with dramatic language). I am fortunate in that this dressing is made by my mother-in-law, thus I have had delight before in stuffing myself miserably on such wonderful fare. Perhaps the only thing left to figure is how to enjoy such foods without stuffing to a stuffed feeling... well, I know the answer to that as I type- "Stop eating"... or slowdown and give that ole Hypothalamus time to register... yeah, yeah, that is it. That's what I'll do from now on.
Ha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That just didn't look good at all when I first looked at it a few days ago...after turkey/dressing for 3 days...but,...today wouldn't mind having that serving NOW !!!! MrD