Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Most Precious Thing ~ Uggh

So tonight (Monday), as usual, I read my daughter her stories before bed time. One of the stories was called "The Most Precious Thing".

The story is about a momma and baby bear. They are walking along in nature and the baby bear finds this shiny blue stone and holds it up to show her momma how beautiful it is. The momma bear says that yes, it is beautiful. But, that the most precious thing is even more beautiful. Baby bear wonders what 'the most precious thing' is and begins looking in earnest.

Next, she finds a velvety, soft rose and asks her momma if it was the most precious thing. The momma bear says that yes, it is soft, but that the most precious thing is even softer. The story continues with the bear finding a feather and holding it up to her momma asking the same... "Is this the most precious thing?" Finally, the book ends with the momma telling her baby bear that SHE is the most precious thing.

So, fast forward... putting our daughter down after reading. My husband puts her in her large crib and tells her 'Night-night' and all and exists the room. I am at the crib-side and just as I start our usual short conversation/singing before saying, "Sweet dreams, Night-night." Our Little Someone reaches her hand up towards me and says, "Is this the most precious thing?" I smile at her pretending and take her hand and lovingly kiss it and let it go telling her that, no, she is the most precious thing. She then says, "That was a booger." (!?!) I take my hand to my face, feel and sure enough, was a big booger stuck to my bottom lip.

Eeewwww!

Out of the mouths of babes .....err..... the nose of babes...... or nearly in this babe's mouth..... Ewww......... you get the picture.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least she hasn't learned to eat pillbugs.......

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing ... eeeewwwww!!!

L, M/Gma

Robynn's Ravings said...

Okay. That was a fanTAStic set up. You had me all prepared to be dewey eyed and thinking this was culminating in a Hallmark Card moment.

Instead you gave us real life and boogers! But this will be a WAAAYYYY better story as the years go by! lol Ain't motherhood grand? :)

Libby's Library said...

Motherhood is just so delightful;-)

Oh - you're gonna love this...my verification word is:

taxersin

Dr.John said...

Children are full of surprises.

Tatersmama said...

*SPLUTTER* !!!
Yes, that's what I just did with a mouthful of coffee!!

Don't you just love those sweet, tender, mother-daughter moments... culminating in boogers on the lips?

Bwaahahaha!