Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday: A Kind Word

Yes, so simple a kind word is... and I am thankful for when I get one. There are a couple of folks out there in bloggy-land that I've never met, but they always seem to have a kind word. You know, it's the little things. RR & NN, I'm talking to YOU. Thank you for your kind words that you so often leave.

So simple a kind word is. I like to think that I'm fairly cognizant of the strokes I give... alas, I am not always. For folks I've not met, or 'strangers' at the store, or my toddler daughter, or our animals... words come easier.

But, for the adults in my life... I need to be more cognizant. For I am not vulnerable if I do give strokes... do I think that I won't be stroked back?? And so what if I give strokes and they do not come back like I envision? Am I worse for the wear?... for the stroke that I dolled? No. And I know this.

Don't get me wrong, I do give strokes, that is, say a kind word, give a compliment to those adults in my life... it's just that... I don't know, maybe I assume many times that they know how I feel... and a stranger, or folks I've not met, our daughter or our animals don't know how I feel, so I tell them. Well, that leaves me still assuming regarding the adults in my life. We all know what the proverbial "they" say about assuming.

I just know that I need to be more cognizant of giving a kind word since I know how thankful I am when I get one.

No comments: